Great Oaks typically hires 5 male counselors, 5 female counselors, and 1 lifeguard/support staff for the summer.
What to expect:
- $200 weekly compensation plus the opportunity to raise additional missionary support.
- The 9 weeks of summer include: Ten days of staff training & about 7 weeks of camp
- Training starts around the end of May and ends around the last week of July or the first week of August.
Who can be a counselor?
- People who have a passionate relationship with God and a desire to make an impact in other people’s lives.
- Must love working with children and having fun!
- We require our staff to have a dynamic, active personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We will not consider an applicant who cannot provide a pastoral reference and a personal testimony.
- No previous experience necessary: if you have the right heart, attitude, and desire our training will enable you to impact the life of a child from day one, even if you have never been to a summer camp.
Why be a counselor?
- We offer room and board, a great staff training experience, CPR and First Aid certification, and an opportunity to get to know God better.
- You will be ministered to through prayer time, bible study, and worship as you in turn are ministering.
- Very few times in your life do you have the opportunity to devote a whole summer to an intense ministry.
- Working at Great Oaks helps you take advantage of that time to serve and minister.
- You may find you like it so much that you will want to come back year after year!