Please fill out the form if you would like to work (or volunteer) for the summer with Great Oaks Camp.
Application to Work or VolunteerEmployment application
Code of Conduct
Please read the camp’s Standards of Conduct. Some of the following standards are based on biblical mandates ; many are not. While staff do not have to agree with these guidelines, they are expected to abide by them during employment. If you are unable or unwilling to abide by these standards, please do not apply.
- Great Oaks employees shall be Christians of high moral character, who subscribe to and practice the Statement of Faith. They will demonstrate by their actions and attitudes a conscientious walk with the Lord. The Scriptures; teachings on modesty, attitude, conversation, and so forth will be their “guidebook”.
- Clothing for both sexes will be modest. Full-cut T-shirts and mid-thigh shorts are acceptable. Short-shorts bare midriffs, and low-cut tops are not. Male staff will wear shirts at all times, except while swimming. Swim wear for both sexes should be as modest as possible (one-piece suits are required for ladies). Great Oaks sets no policies regarding tattoos, body piercing, and hair styles.
- Since the camp is non-denominational, staff shall not discuss controversial doctrinal issues in front of the campers. Neither are these issues to be argued among staff in a divisive or hostile manner.
- Stereos may be used to play “Christian” music only. Christian music is defined as music performed by professing Christians, whose songs primarily focus on God and the Christian life. IPods, mp3 players, and any other personal musical devices are not allowed as they tend to interfere with programming.
- Physical Displays of Affection are never allowed in front of campers and are to be minimal when campers are not present.
- No staff shall ever be in the cabin of the opposite sex.
- Staff will abstain from alcohol and tobacco during the term of employment, an exception can be made for church communion.
- Staff are not allowed to have weapons, pornography or other questionable material on the premises.
- Staff will not leave the camp during the week without special permission from the program director.
- Conversation that is sexual in nature or demeans others is unsuitable for Christians, and will not be tolerated.
Statement of Faith
Please read the following Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, inerrant and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Sprit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.